Friday, November 2, 2018

Cornhole

I am easily annoyed by things.  As absolutely nobody who knows me would be surprised by.  And I’ve got a new one at work.  My cube window looks out onto another building perpendicular to my building, and contains a different company to mine.  From where I sit, I can just shift my eyes above my computer monitor and look directly into one of their breakrooms.  There is a coffee machine I can see, plus some tables and chairs where they sometimes have lunch or occasionally look like they hold meetings.  This has never been a problem to me until last week, when they inexplicably set up a game of “cornhole” in their breakroom right by the window.  For the uninitiated, “cornhole” is a basic game where players take turns throwing bean bags into a raised hole.  A classic beach or lawn game – I think they normally have it set up at our company summer picnic.  The problem is that it is SO distracting when I’m trying to work and they are playing their stupid game, and the movement of these fricking bean bags being thrown around keeps on taking my attention away from my monitor.  I could shut my blinds, but I shouldn’t have to.  So it’s been driving me crazy – and it’s not like I can just tell them to stop.  I have just Macgyvered a bit of a fix – I’ve taped some bits of paper to the bottom of my blind to try and block my view of their window.  So let’s see how long that lasts for, before I ask to relocate to a different cube!

No comments:

Post a Comment