Monday, November 5, 2018

Job Harmonization

Today, my job title changed – I am now a Manager (I used to be an Associate Manager).  However, only my job title has changed.  My job scope, responsibilities and more importantly my salary have not changed.  The decision was made to upgrade a load of our job titles to supposedly become more in line with industry standards.  Kind of unnecessary in my opinion, and the timing to do it just before the end of the year is kind of weird, but it is what it is – and so long as it doesn’t impact my chances of getting a promotion at the end of the year (which would now be a promotion to Senior Manager!) then I don’t really care.  Apparently there is a good chance I might get a promotion – I know they are discussing it within our department leadership meetings at the moment, and I think my manager is pushing quite hard for me getting one (there are only a limited number they are allowed to give out, so it sounds like a bit of a dog fight to get one approved).  However, she mentioned that my previous manager was passive aggressively casting doubts on whether I’ve done enough to earn a promotion – which comes as no surprise, since it doesn’t make her look so great as a manager.  I haven’t made many good decisions when it comes to my professional life over the last 5-10 years, but pushing hard to not have her as my manager was by far one of the best things I’ve done – I was never going to get a promotion under her.  B*tch.

No comments:

Post a Comment