Friday, November 9, 2018

I still hate meetings

Nothing worse than a tedious early morning teleconference.  I had one today at 8.30am.  This means that I need to wake up and leave home extremely early in order to avoid traffic (I was in the office by 7am).  I’m tired and irritable anyway with the amount of work on my plate at the moment, and I don’t need to waste my time attending pointless meetings.  And this was definitely one of them – it was so bad, I couldn’t help “resting my eyes” at my desk.  I’m not sure if a room was set up to have the meeting as a videoconference, but I was always going to call in from my desk since I didn’t want to be seen on camera being unable to mask my boredom.  And I could actually try to get on with some proper work if I’m at my desk.  This month has started busy at work, and will continue to keep me busy through to Thanksgiving.  Not fun but rather now than during summer or when I have some proper vacation planned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment