Saturday, June 3, 2017

Stanley Cup

We are well into the Stanley Cup finals at the moment - the best looking trophy in sports.  Nashville Predators versus Pittsburgh Penguins.  That's ice hockey for those not in the know.  I don't really have a strong preference either way as to who I want to win - I don't like the Pittsburgh Steelers (that's American Football), so I guess that transfers to not liking the Penguins as well.  And apparently Trump thinks Pittsburgh is more important than Paris (even though it voted strongly Democrat in the election).  But I was shocked to notice that Nashville has a black ice hockey player.  I don't think I've ever seen one before.  It's almost as rare as seeing a black person watching a golf tournament.  But I think all sports should have the tradition of not shaving during the playoffs - it's good to see that many players have as bad a playoff beard as I would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment