Friday, June 30, 2017

Coyotes

I haven't talked much about my new lodgings - mainly because I'm reluctant to say, to the surprise of absolutely nobody, that I'm not particularly happy here.  Regardless, it is still a significant step up from where I was before so I can't complain too much!  It is a balance of the pros (like I currently have an adorable baby rabbit living under my porch) to the cons (I don't know if this is because I have a septic tank, but the house has some very strange and not particularly pleasant smells).  I was also speaking to my landlord the other day, and I was somewhat shocked to find out that he got woken up last week by the sound of coyotes outside my house.  Considering how poorly I'm sleeping at the moment, I'm surprised (and disappointed) that I didn't hear them myself.  So apparently there are coyotes in the vicinity - though I won't worry about it as much as the neighborhood cats and rabbits!  I guess they sound like dogs, so I don't know if I would even have paid it any attention if I had heard them, but good to know and hopefully I will get a chance to hear (and see) them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment