Monday, June 26, 2017

Just Resting My Eyelids

I reached a new low at work today.  I think this might be the first time I’ve ever done this, but I fell asleep at my desk this morning.  I had my headset on and was listening to a presentation being given during a teleconference – it was so boring and spoken with a monotone delivery that I could feel myself nodding off a few times, and I think I must have fallen asleep briefly because I woke up with a start when I heard myself snore, or at least breathe very heavily.  I hope I didn’t make too much of a sound, that is awfully embarrassing and I dread to think what the people in adjacent cubes must think of me.  Yikes.  In the past I’ve driven away from the office to somewhere quieter to take a nap in my car, but this is a whole new level of shame and embarrassment and lack of professionalism.  A sad reflection of how I feel about work at the moment….  

No comments:

Post a Comment