Monday, June 19, 2017

"Money, get away. Get a good job with good pay and you're okay."

I’ve left this late, but I spent most of today updating the address and phone number on my profile for all manner of financial institutions where I have some money or other institutions where I have an account.  What a nightmare.  These things should be straightforward, but they are not and take so much time to do.  Most of them I can’t just do online – so then I have to navigate phone menus, tolerate long waiting times, and then deal with clueless customer reps.  It’s kind of ridiculous that on more than one website they have to send me a security code in order to update my phone number – but they want to send the security code to my old phone number that I want to update and no longer have.  Stupid.  One of the other institutions even requires me to notarize a change of address form – what a pain in the ass.  Hopefully I can pop into one of my bank’s local branches and do it there – I think that’s what I’ve had to do before.  My finances are all over the place, I should really invest in a good financial adviser – I certainly need to get my finances in order if I ever decide to apply for a mortgage (I hope this day will come eventually!).

No comments:

Post a Comment