Friday, June 23, 2017

Gasworks Park

I know you’ve had some hot weather in the UK, but the SW of the States has also been suffering from extreme heat.  This hot weather has eventually reached us – to the extent that the Weather Service has issued a heat advisory for Seattle this weekend (somewhat scuppering my plans for any long hikes).  I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday to go for a rare mid-week evening walk from work to Gasworks Park.  For a park that can actually be seen from our office, it is a surprisingly long walk around Lake Union to get there – about 55 minutes one-way – and my legs are feeling it a bit today (as is my sunburnt skin!).  But the views of the Seattle skyline are, as always, great (though I still seek the perfect photo from here - which is sunset on a Wednesday [which is when there are a lot of boats on the water] with a floating plane taking off),




No comments:

Post a Comment