Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Bad Driving

American drivers are the worse.  Every single day I encounter terrible driving.  And I suspect most of them don't even think they're doing anything wrong.  Some of their worst traits are not signalling, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, speeding, tailgating, not having a clue how to negotiate a roundabout, single drivers using the carpool lane (a particular pet hate of mine that I see every time I go onto the freeway on my commute into the office - something which I've never seen policed, but surely there is the technology available to install a camera that will identify these law breakers), and so on.  Anyway, on the way home from the office today I encountered a new low.  And it was on the road at the bottom of my driveway.  Somehow, a van had managed to drive into the ditch on the side of the road and become stuck.  That is shocking and inexcusably poor driving.  How did they even manage to do that?  I suspect either speeding - something which I see all the time on that stretch of road - or distracted driving.  Either way, very very embarrassing.  I should have taken a photo, but I don't think that would have gone done well with the driver who was waiting for someone to tow him out.  It's not the first time I've seen incidents on this stretch of road - from drivers unable to negotiate the slope when it's icy, to a car engine fire, to someone threatening me when I told them they were speeding.  I'm not saying I'm a good driver, but I think I'm a lot better than most of the other people on the road here.      

No comments:

Post a Comment