Monday, January 29, 2024

Flight Prices

Was having a look at prices for flying back to the UK in summer, and was a bit shocked by how expensive it was.  Considerably more expensive than even how much it cost to fly back over Christmas.  British Airways currently have a sale going on.  But then you read the small print, and discover that there are all kinds of limitations on what is actually on sale.  And this includes the dates you have to fly to get the sale price.  Naturally, the days I want to come back do not fall in that window.  I want to fly back sometime around 4th July, but that will cost over $1000 more than a flight, for example, around my birthday in August.  It's making me reconsider my plans.  But the overriding factor is that I get a week off work for 4th July, and I really want to make use of that to give me an extended stay in the UK (3 weeks).  I don't know what to do.  I think I'll still aim for early July - but maybe hold off booking the flights just to see if the price comes down at all.  Knowing my luck, it will just go up.      

No comments:

Post a Comment