Thursday, January 4, 2024

Syncing

Something very weird has happened between my iPhone and my email.  The mail app on my phone decided not to sync properly with my email account, so that a bunch of emails I received never appeared in the mail app.  I only realized this when I logged onto my e-mail account from my work computer, and noticed that I had a load of unread emails that I didn't know about.  And, even more bizarre, I noticed that I was no longer getting a sound notification when I received an email.  I went into my iPhone settings, and notifications were turned off for my email account.  What the hell is that about?  I didn't make those changes, and the software on my phone has not been updated for a while.  So I don't know how this could've happened.  I hate technology.  Well, let's see if my fix of deleting and then re-adding the email account to my phone works.  So far so good.  Though this only supports the decision I've already made that I want to get a new iPhone this year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment