Friday, January 19, 2024

2 In 2 Out

As 2 good TV series just finished, and so 2 promising TV series have just started.  Fargo's fifth season was as reliably good as previous seasons, and I also have to recommend you catch The Curse.  A divisive series that I thought was excellent, but even if you don't like it then you still have to watch it just for the last half hour - which might be the most bizarre and most memorable ending to a TV series that I've ever seen.  Amazing.  And so what new shows have I started watching?  True Detective: Night Country - starring Jodie Foster - has started intriguingly.  But does remind me a lot of Fortitude so far, if you ever watched that show.  And I'm loving Monsieur Spade - starring Clive Owen.  Very much in the film noir genre (as you would expect with a lead character taken from The Maltese Falcon) but set in South France, this one just feels like quality - from the acting, to the pacing, to the fact that plenty of French is spoken (something which I fear may alienate it from a decent American audience, but rather that than yet another detective series set in Europe where everyone unrealistically speaks English).       

No comments:

Post a Comment