Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Slick

I wasn't snowed in today.  But I was iced in.  After a night of freezing rain, woke up to find my driveway covered with a layer of ice and very slippery.  I was supposed to go into the office today, but did not trust taking my car down the driveway.  Indeed, this afternoon I used my snow shovel to try to clear the layer of ice away.  I wasn't sure whether I would ever use the Yaktrax that were handed down to me from my parents, but I was glad to have them today.  With temperatures continuing to hover around freezing, it might be a few more days yet until I am fully thawed out.  You know conditions are not great when both my garbage collection was canceled and all the local schools were closed today due to "inclement weather and extremely hazardous road conditions".  The status of the schools is a good indicator of whether it is safe for me to go out or not.        

No comments:

Post a Comment