Sunday, January 7, 2024

Pyro

My neighbor is at it again.  Almost every single time I've glanced out of my kitchen window or headed outside since I came back from the UK, I can see smoke billowing out from a bonfire in my neighbor's yard.  What and why is he burning so much?  It's certainly nothing in his yard, because he cut down all his trees.  I seriously wonder whether he is some kind of pyromaniac.  Or someone gave him firewood as a gift for Christmas.  But to be burning so much, especially when it's so damp and rainy outside, is just plain weird.  Conversely, I guess it's also a bit weird for me to be so bothered about it.  It's not like it's close enough for me to be bothered by the smoke or anything (if I was, then you and he would definitely hear about it!).  But I've noticed that at some point over the Christmas period this neighbor has also added a load of outdoor lighting to his yard.  And it's incredibly bright.  Again, it's probably not the kind of thing that should really bother me.  But it does.  But it's not like I can do anything about it other than wait until the foliage grows back again and hopefully blocks my view of his yard - out of sight, out of mind.       

No comments:

Post a Comment