Sunday, January 28, 2024

HDR

I've been watching a lot of the Australian Open over the last few weeks.  Not so much for the tennis - though nothing gives me greater joy then seeing Djokovic lose.  No, it was more about the fact that I was able to watch some of the matches in 4K HDR.  You'd think that would be great - but nope, that wasn't the case.  The fact is that my 4K image is incredibly dark - so dark that I actually preferred the "bog-standard" HD image.  So instead of watching tennis in 4K, I was spending all my time mucking about with the picture settings trying to brighten the image without sacrificing the quality.  I googled the recommended picture settings for my TV, but they were absolutely useless.  But I think I have resolved the issue by adjusting the "Gamma" setting.  Don't ask me what the hell that is, but it seems to work.       

No comments:

Post a Comment