Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Soreness

After a week of inactivity due to smoke, 2 hikes in 2 days and my body is rebelling.  Perhaps because I've tried to do these hikes a bit more quicker than normal - they've been exhausting, my leg muscles are sore and, perhaps worse of all, I've got backache again.  Hikes are supposed to be relaxing, and I do like the fact that they let your mind wonder.  But my first hike was ruined by an annoying fly that must have bothered me for 3 of the 5 miles.  And today, too many people on the trail I went on.  And I would say that about 75% of them instantly put on their face mask when they saw me.  Now I've been quite a vocal proponent of wearing a mask - particularly when it was required in the US and not in the UK.  But I don't wear one when I go hiking - and I don't feel it's necessary when you're outside and the trail is wide enough to pass with sufficient social distance.  However, it would be considerate to actually move to the side of the trail when you pass someone, and so many people didn't - and that so pissed me off.  At least I have a few days for my body to recover - heavy rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for the rest of the week...    

No comments:

Post a Comment