Sunday, September 20, 2020

PS5

The new Playstation 5 console is coming out at the end of the year, and I want one.  I'm nowhere near as much of a consumer of video games as I used to be, but I go through phases - particularly in this current climate where you're stuck at home most of the day - when I get caught up in a game.  And the games that we have now can be so involving and time-consuming and difficult, but extremely high quality.  I also want a 4K blu ray player, and the PS5 (or at least the more expensive model of the PS5) includes that.  So they started taking preorders this week.  And it was predictably an absolute trainwreck.  Sites crashed, limited availability, instantaneous sellouts (in seconds rather than minutes) and Sony already suggesting that they're not going to be able to meet demand on the day of release.  I haven't preordered mine yet - and I'm not particularly keen on going through the hassle it seems to be, but we shall see.  If it's anything like the Nintendo Switch, it could prove really difficult to get one even long after it's release, so better to get on the bandwagon sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment