Sunday, September 27, 2020

Fireworks

The Seattle Seahawks have started the season 3-0, and despite not having watched any of their games I know exactly when they won because fireworks go off.  Doesn't matter what time of day it is - like today, they played an afternoon game and it was still light when the game ended and the fireworks were set off - and it's not some isolated idiot, it's lot of people setting off different types of fireworks.  The Seahawks fandom is strong round here - a stark contrast to my time in San Diego when the Chargers results were treated with indifference (though that still doesn't justify moving that franchise to Los Angeles).  When I was outside this afternoon, I could hear multiple households cheering and jeering to the ebb and flow of the game.  And it may be a toss up as to whether there are more households with a US flag or more households with a Seahawks flag.  Obviously the prevalence of Seahawks fans makes them absolutely obnoxious (though not as bad as anyone from New England/Boston), and utterly impossible to get tickets for any of their games (not that you could go watch them right now anyway).  But it makes me jealous of not being a part of a hardcore fanbase - I can't really say that about my support for Palace, especially being all the way out here.  So I think I need to take my support of the Seattle Kraken to the next level when they start their debut season next year.  If they're any good!  Yes, I guess I'm just a lowlife glory fan.            

1 comment:

  1. Be thankful you live in Seattle

    Russell Wilson is a God

    ReplyDelete