Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day

I wanted to go to Mount Rainier today - but it's a bank holiday today (Labor Day) and if I wanted to avoid the crowds (which I do, regardless of a global pandemic) then I would have to leave early.  Like 6 am early.  And I just couldn't do it - I need to get my sleep patterns back in shape so that I'm going to sleep earlier and I'm not so tired in the mornings.  I'll try another time - maybe on a work day, where I can take a morning off and if I can leave at 6 am, do a hike, then I should be able to get home around lunch.  This is too typical of me - I have good intentions, but don't always follow through on them.

Labor Day feels like the end of summer - and it especially feels like that when it gets dark so early.  It wasn't long ago that the sun was setting well past 9 pm, and now it's dark by 8 pm and rapidly getting earlier and earlier.  Before long, those early evening walks are going to have to be replaced by morning or lunchtime ones.  At least the weather still feels like summer, at least this week.  I think I've worn shorts more often this summer than any other summer on record. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear - middle aged man in shorts fashion alert!

    Just like football tops, there becomes a time where shorts just look poor.

    ReplyDelete