Saturday, September 5, 2020

Pointless Sports

I know we've been deprived of decent sports this year - think the Olympics and the Euros.  But of all the sporting events to actually go ahead, why the heck are we bothering with the UEFA Nations League.  What an absolutely pointless and stupid waste of time and resources.  As if football players don't have enough matches to play post-lockdown.  Even though it was on over here I didn't even bother watching the England game today, since there was no doubt that the quality of play was going to be absolutely dreadful - and by all accounts it was a totally dull game (apart from maybe the last 5 minutes).  My sport of choice for a while now has been Australian Rules Football - and I've been watching an awful lot of games recently (normally recorded since they tend to be on in the early hours my time).  I think I'm adding watching a game live to my bucket list (and if that involves travelling to Australia, well that is a pleasant bonus).

No comments:

Post a Comment