Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Jeremy

Great, I did not want to come back to the UK in the immediate aftermath of another general election.  I’m shocked Labour agreed to it – there are only 2 possible scenarios that come out of this election.  Either Boris Johnson wins a majority, or absolutely nothing changes.  I see NO chance of Labour winning, not with Jeremy Corbyn in charge.  If Boris wins, and wins big, then Brexit will happen and it will be a disaster.  If nothing changes, then Brexit will remain up in the air and it will be a disaster.  Nothing good will come out of this – so why agree to it.  This should be an election about Brexit, but I suspect both Labour and Tories will focus on everything apart from Brexit.  Therefore, I hope the Liberal Democrats do well if they campaign explicitly on remaining.  But they won’t do well, because the Murdoch newspapers will not give them a fair shake.  Interesting aside – Wikipedia does not allow Daily Mail to be used as a source for their website because it is too unreliable.  Both the US and the UK could do with a sensible and centrist third party – but there is about as much chance of that happening as there is of me voting.  Which is low, because I don’t think I’m even on the electoral register, and I’m not sure I’ve ever been

2 comments:

  1. Over the last 2 years (perticularly this year) I've changed my view on Brexit. I now think it's a necessary evil to cleanse our national psyche. Without Brexit, we'll be always been dragged down by the Farages, Robinsons, Murdochs etc.

    Get out - let these people disappear back into the sewer & then pay another £40B to re-join in 15 years time.

    We also owe it to democracy to get out - the ONLY thing I've ever agreed with Farage on it that "democracy is not a 2 out of 3 referenda if the first one doesn't go your way show".

    If we can't back democracy the Russians & Chinese have effectively "won the idealogical war"

    ReplyDelete