Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Garden Lights

Once upon a time, I used to have some solar-powered garden lights.  When the days get shorter, and it gets darker earlier, it can be difficult to see the entrance-way to my driveway and also stay on the driveway up to my house.  So I lined the driveway with these lights - and they helped, illuminating the way home.  But then things started to go wrong.  Some of them stopped working - not particularly surprising, considering they were cheap Chinese imports.  Some of them got destroyed - either by animals, or I suspect that my landlord's son ran over a couple of them when he was cutting the grass.  And some have just flat out disappeared - would someone really go as low to steal these cheap and crappy things from the bottom of my driveway.  Yep.  After all, they don't seem to have any qualms about throwing fast-food litter on my driveway.  So now I have no lights, and the sun is setting earlier and earlier and it's getting darker and darker by the time I get home - and I nearly missed my driveway entrance this evening.  So I have just bought some new lights.  Let's see how long these ones last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment