Friday, June 15, 2018

World Cup Day 2

Yes, I am going to be blogging football most of the next 30 days.  Sorry.  So, I have come to the realization that the time difference for mid-week games absolutely sucks.  I have to leave for work about half-time of the second game, no later.  And as for the third game of the day – I need to decide how to approach this.  Since today it was Spain vs Portugal – one of the more intriguing group games – my preference was to avoid the score and watch the game when I got home this evening.  Impossible.  I knew the result almost immediately after the game finished, even though I tried to avoid all the sports news.  I don’t think I can avoid it unless I try really hard (and I am clearly on the internet at work way too much!) – which leaves me an option of streaming the match live on my phone from my desk (not exactly idea, nor professional) or just live with knowing the result before watching the highlights later.  Which I think I can do.  I’ve only caught brief bits of games so far – I record full matches, but then just watch the highlights/goals.  Even I’m not a big enough masochist to watch a full 90 minutes of Morocco vs Iran.  The weekend might be different – where I can probably watch more full games when I wake up.  And as for England, I think I shall be “working from home” when they play – I have to watch them play live.  Clearly I am a big enough masochist.     

No comments:

Post a Comment