Saturday, June 23, 2018

Some Misc Thoughts

- Damn, Germany somehow found a way to win.  It felt inevitable, even when they went down to 10 men.  Watch them go and win the tournament now.

- Went bowling this week.  Didn't do very well.  It's not that I didn't get any spares or strikes.  It's that I didn't get any of them in a row.  It's exactly like my ping pong form - from the sublime to the ridiculous, from one game or one frame to the next.

- I've been watching the new season of Humans, and kind of struggling with it.  Regardless of the quality of story lines, it looks kind of cheap - clearly a limited production budget in the same manner as Doctor Who.  Especially compared to the excesses of Westworld.

- I wish I had a dog.  If I worked from home, or even if I lived close to work, I would definitely do it.  All the trouble, pain and expense of owning a dog is more than made up by the unconditional love and companionship.  More so the older you get.  I see myself retiring by the coast where I can walk my dog on the beach every sunset.

- There are indications that LEGO may be producing some James Bond-themed sets.  A marriage made in heaven of 2 favorite things as far as I'm concerned.

- Pride weekend.  There is a big parade in Seattle tomorrow, and our company has a float.  Not my thing - and didn't like the fact that our company was trying to aggressively encourage us to attend.  Didn't appreciate that - each to their own.

- I need to get out more.  I need to exercise more consistently.  And I need to eat better.  I've been wishing these things for the last 20 years!  Is it too late to teach an old dog new tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment