Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Tedious Monotony of Work

It’s been a tough week at work.  Been feeling very low energy, and struggling to get out of bed in the mornings (I’ve been getting in nearer 10 rather than 9).  A couple of days ago I tried to login to e-mail to say I’m taking a sick day – but I kept on getting error messages, and rather than phone in (a sign of changing times!)  I forced myself to come into work that day.  Probably a mistake, I’m not getting a lot done at the moment.  And today, I became aware that I might have missed a good opportunity to better my standing and status at work – I would have been assigned a lead role on an indication that has just been decided to advance to Phase III (which is a big deal in clinical trials) and which appears to be important to upper management, but with the change in my manager I am no longer attached to this.  It would have been tough – pressurized, and still at the whims of my old manager – but I’m very conscious that I am somewhat caught between the gaps in my current role and have felt rather underused and frankly disposable for some time now, and I need something that raises my profile.  The irony is that today I got awarded a Values at Work Award – in recognition of some other work I have done recently.  That is nice to be appreciated, but I still feel I am a long way away from doing enough to earn the promotion that I think is long overdue (and which frankly I need on my CV).  It’s definitely not happening from the mid-year evaluation.  Once again, I am really starting to question my future here – regardless of having a new manager. 

No comments:

Post a Comment