Wednesday, June 6, 2018

ICE

In a sign of the times, I’ve started to carry around my green card in my wallet again.  When I hear about stories like pizza delivery drivers being arrested due to their legal status, then I think my accent makes me a target of being reported – regardless of my skin color and the fact that I live/work in the environs of a sanctuary city.  But better to be safe than sorry, I’ve decided to keep my green card handy in case my legal status in the country ever gets questioned.  I think the chances of this ever happening are slim to none, but still there are enough nationalists out there (and under the current president, less shame in being openly racist/nationalist) that you never know.  I’ve definitely been the target of some abuse on the road due to the GB sticker on my car.  Mind you, stupid Seattle Seahawk fans probably think it stands for Green Bay (as in the Green Bay Packers).  Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment