Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Dad's Army Stamps

I got alerted today to the fact that the Royal Mail are releasing a set of Dad’s Army stamps for their 50th anniversary.  Considering the internet address of this blog came from the Dad’s Army theme tune, my interest was piqued.  But despite a limited edition framed stamp set signed by Ian Lavender, I don’t think I can be tempted to invest in anything.  Things like Star Wars/Star Trek/Game of Thrones/James Bond have intrinsic value through worldwide popularity – but Dad’s Army is just too niche to have any value.  Which is a shame – who wouldn’t want a set of stamps containing catchphrases like “You stupid boy!”, “Don’t panic!  Don’t panic!” and “We’re doomed.  Doomed!”.  Classic.  Jeez, I’m nearly talking myself into getting them…


No comments:

Post a Comment