Thursday, February 16, 2017

Wet

I didn’t even realize this until yesterday, but Monday is President’s Day and a company holiday.  And how will I spend the long weekend?  Let’s look at the forecast for Seattle:



Great, I guess I’ll be staying in then.  This looks like being one of the wettest winters on record on the West Coast – it’s been quite bad here (this morning, heavy rain caused lots of mudslides including one that closed the I-90 – which is the big East-West freeway into Seattle, and made what is already a hellish commute even worse), but I think Oregon/North California have had even more rain (I read somewhere that there are places there that have had 400% more rain than normal for the year already).  I don’t expect water shortages to be an issue in California this year!  And yet we still have an administration that cannot accept climate change.  They’ll have to when the cost of climate change (flooding, fire, other increasingly more frequent natural disasters) starts to add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment