Saturday, February 25, 2017

Palace 1 - 0 Boro

Gasp, a rare home win for Palace - important result, especially for a 6-pointer.  They televised the game here, so I was able to catch the full 90 minutes.  I remain unconvinced that Palace are good enough to stay up, but I know at least one Boro fan reads this blog and I would be very worried about your team.  They were awful - especially in the first half, posing absolutely no threat going forward.  And when Palace sat back in the second half and they had every opportunity to push for the equalizer or even the win, they still couldn't capitalize.  So this wasn't so much Palace deserving to win as Boro deserving to lose.  The relegation battle is going to be a real scrap.  I fear especially for Leicester - the reigning champions lest we forget - with an unfortunate and desperate but necessary managerial sacking to have any chance of staying up.

1 comment:

  1. I watched it too. And I've been very worried for my team for quite a few weeks now! We were awful (again!) and there were some truly baffling decisions by the manager. Just never look like scoring, and that never looks like changing

    ReplyDelete