Sunday, April 14, 2024

Liverpool 0-1 Palace

Well, that was a good result.  I was going to say an unexpectedly good result, but after Liverpool's midweek showing I was quietly optimistic.  Liverpool have looked vulnerable, and I think they were there for the taking.  But when watching the game and seeing that they were honoring the Hillsborough tragedy at the start, I feared the worst because that's the kind of motivation Liverpool needed.  But nope, they still choked.  They had their chances, but so did we - and this time we didn't concede in the last 10 minutes.  And the icing on the cake was then seeing Arsenal choke afterwards.  I am confident we should stay up now, and looking forward to what Glasner can do with our team.  And the title race is still very much alive, but ominously in Manchester City's hands now.  I'm no fan of them, but I hate - and have always hated - Arsenal, so as long as they're not champions then I'm good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment