Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter "Holiday"

No time off for old muggins here - as I'm sure you don't need reminding, Easter is not a federal holiday in the States so no bank holiday for yours truly.  Though I think a lot of places are closed for the day (e.g. schools) and a lot of people take the day off - judging by the fact that I went into the office today, and the commute was great and I think I was the only person on my floor who came in.  I had a bit of a craving for hot cross buns this Easter, but they're not really a thing here.  But I did go out hunting for some over the weekend (even though they're more of a Good Friday thing right?).  I think I have found them before at a regular supermarket, but not this time.  I should have got some when I went to the British shop a few weeks ago, but I got distracted by the chocolate Easter eggs!  However, did manage to score some from a local bakery at the expensive supermarket:

This is typical for the US hot cross bun - where the actual cross is made from frosting rather than actually baked onto the bun.  Which isn't right.  Though these ones actually tasted pretty good - I should hope so for how expensive they were (8 dollars, 9 with sales tax).  I should maybe try baking my own next year.       

No comments:

Post a Comment