Friday, April 26, 2024

Car Woes

Didn't I just blog about things going wrong with my car once it gets to 40,000 miles?  Sure enough, yesterday I turned on my car and my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree with every single possible warning light illuminated.  

The display told me I had a road departure mitigation system problem, hill start assist problem, vehicle stability assist problem, power steering system problem, emissions system problem, and tire pressure monitor problem.  Obviously not all of these things are really broken, but now I'm extremely nervous to drive my car anywhere in case something does go wrong.  I did risk driving over to the service department of my local dealer, but they were too busy to see me.  The earliest I could get an appointment was Wednesday.  And although my car seemed to drive okay, I will really limit my driving until then.  Based on my Google search of this problem, I fear this could be an expensive fix.  With the car expenses starting to add up, I feel like I'm going all in on keeping my car for at least another 40,000 miles now even though I don't particularly want to.   

No comments:

Post a Comment