Monday, September 18, 2023

UK Sports

It is interesting to note that when I'm in the UK, I think I follow UK sports - notably football and rugby - a lot less than I do compared to when I'm in the States.  For example, I barely acknowledged the weekend's football results and didn't watch any highlights.  Whereas in the US, I will record whole games.  And apart from catching some of England's pretty dreadful performance against Japan, I haven't watched or followed any of the Rugby World Cup.  Mind you, I wasn't following that much in the US either.  I think that's a reflection of England's standing right now, and my current indifference to their game.  They are simply not a good side and don't have a chance in hell of winning the World Cup.  The national team is just a microcosm of the club game in England, which is a shambles.  But generally, most sports in the UK are only found on Sky Sports - and if you don't subscribe to that then you miss out.  The days of watching Grandstand on BBC1 on Saturdays are long gone and sorely missed.  But still not showing live football games on UK TV on Saturday afternoons is antiquated nonsense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment