Monday, September 4, 2023

Grounded, Again

At the gas station today and noticed a bulge on one of my car tires.  A quick internet search reveals that this is when the tire's sidewall starts to protrude outwards and it's not safe to drive on it.  Judging by the scrape marks on the hubcap, it looks like at some point I hit something sharp to cause this.  God knows when this was and how long I've been driving with this bulge, but I've got an appointment at the tire shop tomorrow.  All I know is that this is bound to be an expensive replacement (I'll probably get 4 new tires since I haven't changed them since I first owned the car).  Maybe it is fortuitous that I discovered this before I head back to the UK, and before any real damage occurred (at least until I get to the tire shop - apparently it can result in a sudden blowout).   Let's hope they can fix promptly.      

No comments:

Post a Comment