Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Internet Searches

I'm all for pushing an alternative to Google to carry out internet searches.  I'm not a big fan of Bing, so what other options are out there?  There is one that I've started seeing some adverts on TV for recently.  But it has such a stupid name, that I don't think I'll ever use it.  DuckDuckGo.  I mean, really.  Who thought that name will work?  Surely someone in marketing/commerical had to speak up.  I don't care if it has a better search engine.  Which I don't even know if it actually does.  Apparently it's derived from the children's game Duck, Duck, Goose - but I've never heard of that game before.  It's origin is definitely not British (a quick Google search reveals that it is actually Swedish).  Either way, change the name otherwise Google will continue to dominate the market.   

No comments:

Post a Comment