Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Sea-Tac

Note to self, from now on I must give myself a lot more time to get through arrivals at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.  The queues were horrendous when I flew back today.  It looks like they've entirely changed the process since the last time I flew back around Christmas.  The first indication that something was different was that we weren't given a customs form to complete.  And on arrival, the first thing we had to do was pick up our checked baggage - which is also new.  And then with our baggage in tow, we were greeted by these enormous queues to get through passport control.  As a permanent resident, at least I didn't have to join the visitors queue which seemed incredibly long and slow - but the wait to get through the American citizens/residents queue was still one of the worst I've ever experienced here.  However once you're finally through passport control then you don't have far to go to exit the airport (I think it was a train ride away before).  I believe it is a newly built international arrivals hall, which I'm sure is supposed to streamline the process - and although the actual process seems to be much simpler (I've always thought that the customs form we had to complete was a total waste of time), the time to get through it seems to have substantially increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment