Saturday, September 9, 2023

Housing Market

The For Sale sign went up today on the house that they've been working on near my mailbox.  My landlord had told me that they were thinking of renting it out, but I guess that situation has changed.  And it is an ungodly amount of money they are asking.  $1.3 million.  For an old 3-bedroom house that hasn't been lived in for the entire time I've been living here, and I can't believe it's in good shape no matter how much cosmetic improvements they've been making.  But that's the housing market round here for you.  No wonder I haven't bought a place of my own, and probably never will for as long as I live in the Pacific NW.  I know my landlord was interested in the property - but probably not at that price!  Something that caught my eye was that the listing mentioned "available 1 gig fiber internet".  That's interesting because I didn't think fiber internet was available to me, so perhaps I need to double check as that would make a good alternative to what I currently have (and I'm, finally, very close to cutting the cord).             

No comments:

Post a Comment