Thursday, June 8, 2023

Watches

I have an unerring ability to scratch my watch face.  I was putting on my watch this morning, and noticed a big scratch from top to bottom across the watch face.  How the heck did that happen?  When did it happen?  Surely I would have noticed this when I put on my watch yesterday morning, so did this happen yesterday?  When exactly – surely I would have noticed?  I think the same thing has happened with my last 2 watches – at some point they got scratched up, but I don’t think I noticed the scratch when it happened.  Very frustrating – so what to do?  First thought was to replace the watch.  But that seems excessive, can I fix the scratch?  A quick google search, and it suggests toothpaste could be used to polish out the scratch.  OK, whatever – nothing to lose, so I gave it a go.  And lo and behold, the toothpaste didn’t seem to make a jot of difference and the scratch is still there.  Well that just seemed stupid and a remarkable waste of time.  Can I replace just the watch face?  Not sure how easy that would be, would probably need to go to a local watch repair shop.  Too much hassle – it’s a cheap watch (and from checking Amazon, still cheap), and I think it’s easier to just buy a replacement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment