Thursday, June 22, 2023

War Films

I was watching a YouTube video of the Top 15 World War II Films, and I was surprised by the #1 film.  It was a film I've never even heard of, let alone never watched.  As someone who likes his war films, this came as a big shock.  The film - Come and See.  A 1985 Soviet anti-war film set in Nazi-occupied Belarus.  This, according to Wikipedia, is "considered one of the greatest films ever".  Well I never, now I think I need to seek this out.  And I see that there is a Blu-ray release of the film via The Criteria Collection - and I already own several films in that collection.  So that's something else to add to my Amazon cart (good timing, as I just got an Amazon gift certificate from some class action lawsuit against Zoom).       

No comments:

Post a Comment