Friday, June 16, 2023

Another Moan About Work

If mandating us to come into the office 3 times a week wasn't bad enough, they've announced that the free lunches they were providing on Tuesdays and Thursdays are ending this month.  So even less incentive to go into the office.  Jeez, thanks upper management - you really know what you're doing to help maintain employee morale.  Which is pretty damn low at the moment.  I think the company's R&D outlay is really high right now, so they're taking as many steps as they can to reduce expenses.  So no free lunches is just the start of it.  Things like freezing hiring, not renewing contracts for contractors, etc.  This makes the trip to California last month even more ridiculous - at least they have already reimbursed my expenses for that (and I expensed everything I could - from bottles of water to the gas for travel between my home and the airport parking!).  A lot of the employee questions at the big all-hands meetings are to do with the potential of layoffs.  Upper management are saying that's not on the cards right now, but who knows if and how things are going to change.  Quite frankly with how I feel about my job right now, if they were to offer me a generous severance package I would probably take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment