Sunday, December 11, 2022

Yellow Warning

I'm flying to London today.  Or at least I hope I am.  When the BBC website has a headline like "Snow, ice and freezing fog cause travel disruption", then you don't worry too much because you think they're just talking about Scotland and maybe also north England.  But nope, then I see that some flights from Heathrow were canceled today.  Now that is cause to worry.  I guess I should expect some cold weather when I arrive - and after I've only just got over the cold weather here (the snow hasn't all entirely melted away yet!).  And it's not just my flight to think about, but also the road conditions - please drive safely if you're coming to pick me up from the airport!  Let's see: weather, strikes - what else could go wrong with this trip?  Family members - please don't come down with any illnesses!       

No comments:

Post a Comment