Monday, December 5, 2022

Team-Building

I braved my very icy driveway to go out for some team-building events today.  In fact, my driveway is the only problematic part of my getting anywhere - once you're on the roads, they are fine.  It's quite interesting to see how quickly the snow disappears when you head south just a short way - just goes to show how localized the heavy snowfall was, with my neighborhood taking the brunt of it.  We first met up at a place called Topgolf - which is essentially just a driving range with golfballs that are electronically tracked, so you can play these different golfing video games.  Like a slightly more real version of Wii Golf!  This wasn't my choice of places to go - and frankly I'm surprised it won the vote because most of my colleagues don't play golf and don't know how to hit a ball - but it was quite good fun and after a shaky start I did quite well.  I would consider going back.  And then we went to a Brazilian steakhouse - I think only the second time I've ever been to one of these - which was absolutely delicious (but not the kind of place I would normally go to, as it ain't cheap!).  I'm not sure how much actual "team-building" we did - most of my manager's team was there, including a couple of remote workers who are in Seattle for a few days, but then my manager couldn't make it because she tested positive for covid!  I'm back home now and absolutely stuffed after all the meat I consumed at lunch today!          

No comments:

Post a Comment