Thursday, December 8, 2022

Holiday Party

It was our office holiday party today.  It was held at this expensive restaurant on the downtown Seattle waterfront.  I was back and forth about going, but after one of my friends offered to drive then I did go.  The very fact that we had to use public parking once there was odd to say the least - we can splash out all the money on this venue, but not the restaurant parking, doesn't make much sense to me.  But I'm glad the party was held in the afternoon rather than the evening, and no plus ones.  But, if I'm going to be honest, I found it all rather underwhelming.  For a very expensive restaurant with good online reviews, the food was disappointingly middling.  It's also the kind of event where I think you have a much better time if you're drinking - and this was essentially an open bar with plenty of free cocktails to be had.  However, since I was driving home then I had to stick to these rather disappointing mocktails.  And unfortunately the party just proved how few people in my office that I don't even recognize let alone know or can talk to - I could blame the pandemic and remote working for this, but to be honest I don't think it would be much different even if we hadn't had a pandemic.              

No comments:

Post a Comment