Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The Traitors

I'll be spending more time watching TV than previous trips back, so what TV should I be watching?  Well, The Traitors quickly came up as a show that I should try to make time for and that I might enjoy.  So I've been catching up on it on the iPlayer, so what do I think?  It's not really my bag - an overly produced reality show almost entirely dependent on contestants who you don't really want to root for.  But I can see how it can quickly become very addictive - pitting people against each other, even in this very forced and artificial manner, always has it's merits (hence the base appeal of films/shows like Hunger Games, Squid Game, Battle Royale, etc).  And this show clearly likes to throw everything it can at the audience - with all it's ridiculous twists and tricks.  It is hardly a show full of deep psychology - most of the contestants are as thick as two short planks, and therefore incapable of playing a particularly nuanced game.  But I will probably see it all the way through.  Because I'm a sucker.         

2 comments:

  1. We're watching it, but I do get irritated at the number of times during nominations the phrase "I want to do something different [i.e. nominate a person for spurious reasons] because the previous actions [i.e. nominating a person based on spurious reasons] has failed" is uttered.

    Also irritated by "I'm so sorry, I just had to pick a name" - which is gutless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.p.s. ALSO irritated by "I can promise you I'm 100% faithful [with appropriate emotion]" - ANYBODY can say that & the Traitors do / will also - Not worth the energy to speak the phrase!!!!!

    ReplyDelete