Thursday, December 8, 2016

WFH

Due to the weather forecast, and winter storm warming, I worked from home today.  I didn't need to - it's been clear all day, no colder than yesterday and there wouldn't have been any issues driving to and from work.  The forecast is, again, a shambles.  We were warned that the afternoon commute would be horrible with cold, wind and snow - instead, it just seems to have been horrible due to the normal traffic issues.  The forecasts were off both by when the snow was due to hit - apparently much later in the evening now - and how much snow is actually going to fall - it's come down from a predicted 6'' to less than 2'' now.  I know that with the geography and everything that it is difficult to predict the weather in the NW, and that it is so localized - but this is the second time that they've messed up a big way recently - the other being a major wind event that never materialized.  As I write this in the evening, at 10 pm, it still hasn't started snowing yet - let's see what it's like in the morning, as I do need to go into work tomorrow.  Knowing my luck, that will be when the conditions are at their worse - they predict that the temperatures will warm up to above freezing overnight, but I don't believe anything now.

No comments:

Post a Comment