Friday, December 30, 2016

Media Consumption

An average day - 3 newspapers, 3 TV news shows, and numerous hours of news and news discussion on the radio.  This is far, far too much.  All the same news stories regurgitated and dissected in one form or another, it is nothing short of pointless.  So please cut it down.  And since the news is utterly depressing most of the time, I don't think it is good for mental health.  Which is why I very rarely watch the news in the US - unlike the UK, there isn't any national news on in prime time.  It tends to be on in the early evening, which is when I'm invariably at work - instead I occasionally catch some of the local news at 10 or 11 pm.  But only briefly, since online news and weather is so much easier to consume.  And I have not, and never will, watch the offensive and repulsive people and rhetoric on Fox News.

No comments:

Post a Comment