Thursday, December 29, 2016

Royal Borough of Greenwich

Just time for one last excursion into London, and I chose to take a walk around Greenwich - a part of London I haven't been to very much in the past but which I like a lot.  It is a nice little area with some attractions (e.g. Cutty Sark) and a lot of nice views - perfect for the clear and cold day it was today.  So long as I didn't slip on any of the numerous patches of black ice - which made for some tentative going.  And I particularly like the fact that Greenwich is the home/origin of 2 dimensions - longitude and time.  That makes it a surprisingly very important place.





After Greenwich, I took a quick diversion to Oxford Street on the way home.  But the hoards of shoppers/tourists there just did my head in so didn't stay for long.  I don't think I've ever enjoyed going to Oxford Street - it's just not worth it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment