Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Holiday Spirit

Probably because I’m going back to the UK for the holidays, I haven’t got into the Christmas spirit at all this year yet.  I haven’t decorated my apartment, and for what feels like the first time in an eternity I haven’t even got a chocolate advent calendar.  Last year, I remember going to see the Christmas ship festival – where you go to one of the Puget Sound waterfront parks and watch/listen to choirs performing on Christmas-decorated ships whilst standing around a big bonfire by the water.  But not this year.  Last year I even went to the church just down the road that does the most ridiculous over the top Christmas light show set to music.  I can even see the lights flashing away from my living room window.  But not this year.  Last year I made the effort to go to one of the downtown malls to watch their evening indoor snow show, where “snow” falls from the ceiling of the mall to musical accompaniment.  But not this year.  I’m going to be away for our department Christmas get-together, and I’m not even going to the company Christmas do this Friday (sadly because that is more of a couples thing, and I feel very conspicuous and awkward going as a single).  I think (and hope!) that I’m saving all my holiday cheer for when I’m back in the UK!   

No comments:

Post a Comment