Friday, December 2, 2016

Busy

What a shambles is it at work at the moment.  I'm one of a few people who has been pulled in to help on a study deliverable due today - and it's a classic case of too many cooks spoil the broth, as different people do different things resulting in all kinds of inconsistencies.  It's a mess, and I like to think that if I was leading this study then things would be a lot more organized and it wouldn't be such a disaster.  There are so many issues, and so many contractors working on this who are clearly not competent but who have been given no oversight it is shocking.  Sadly, this is not an uncommon occurrence at this company - where everything is left to the last moment and rushed, resulting in all kinds of mistakes and all kinds of stress.  It's a horrible way of doing things - but it seems to happen all the time.  I think I've got the organizational skills to do a much better job of this, but if they don't want to give me that responsibility then that is their loss.  They can work over the weekend, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment