Friday, August 23, 2019

Summer Picnic

Today was our company summer picnic - held at the usual place on the shores of Lake Sammamish; an event that takes up most of the day and is an absolute pain in the ass to get to and from.  I worked from home today - though I use the word "worked" loosely in this respect because I struggle to get stuff done at home, and also because I plan to go into the office over the weekend - and it still took 45 minutes to get there and back.  Bellevue traffic is just as bad as Seattle.  That's a lot of effort just to grab a mediocre meal, a free giveaway (which was a giant inflatable pool ring that I'll probably never use) and lots of uncomfortable small talk.  I don't know why I bother!  At least I managed to show some expertise at some of the carnival games.  Not looking forward to this weekend - an awful lot of work I'd like to get done before a deadline next Friday.  The next week (plus the following 2 weeks until the next deadline, plus probably the 2 weeks after that for ad-hocs and other unplanned work) are going to be hell.   

No comments:

Post a Comment